B.Sc Nursing (BASIC)
Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnataka, Recognised by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and Karnataka Nursing Council, Bengaluru The City College of Nursing was started in 1999 to shell out generations of capable and caring nurses by supplying them with relevant knowledge from the fields of humanities, biological and behavioural sciences to help them carry out their duties and responsibilities as nurses.
Our college will equip the students with holistic skills necessary for the promotion of health, prevention against illness, restoration of health and rehabilitation. Students will learn from seasoned professionals with decades of experience under their belt. Subjects like, anatomy, physiology, medical surgical nursing, child health nursing etc. will provide the overall knowledge to foray into the field of nursing.
1. Passed the two years 10+2 or pre-university examination or equivalent as recognised by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka with science subjects viz., physics, chemistry, biology and english with 45% marks. If the student belongs to the SC/ST category they will be granted 5% relaxation.
2. Students of vocational course, 10+2, state govt of Kerala with 5 subjects including physics, chemistry, biology and english in addition to vocational subjects will be considered.
3. Competed 17 years of age at the time of admission or reach this age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
– Staff nurse
– Nursing superintendent
– Certified nurse \ midwife managers
– Family nurse practitioner in corporate hospitals
– Nurse administrators
– Various careers in nursing education
– Occupational health nurses
– Nurse researcher
– Public health nurse